Influenza Immunisation 2020 at Nevells Road Surgery
Please read carefully as this is different to previous years, for Covid security reasons
You are invited to the following walk in sessions (no appointment needed) at the surgery:
Surname A – M
Saturday 19 September 8-11 am
Saturday 3 October 8-11 am
Surname N – Z
Saturday 26 September 8-11 am
Please note the Flu clinic on 10th October has been Cancelled.
No invitation or paperwork is needed
Please see the instructions for the walk in clinics below
Adults 18 – 64y with underlying health conditions, carers, or live with a shielding patient
You are invited to the same above walk in sessions (no appointment needed) at the surgery. No invitation or paperwork is needed
Adults 50 – 64y with NO underlying health conditions
Yes you are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine for the first time this year.
However we are instructed by NHS England not to offer you this until November, when we will be in contact with clinic dates.
Please do NOT attend the above walk in clinics or we will run out of vaccine for the more vulnerable groups.
If you have a shielding letter, please phone the reception to book a flu vaccine appointment. Your household should attend a walk in clinic.
If you are housebound we will arrange a nurse to visit you to give you your vaccine. We have a register and so there is no need to book.
Children (under 18y)
The surgery will contact you with an appointment
Ask you midwife who will be able to give you your flu vaccine, or attend one of the walk in clinics
Walk in clinic instructions
To enable social distancing of 2 m, and keep Covid secure, please observe the following instructions
- Come to the rear of the surgery building, where there will be a marshalled queuing system
- Don’t drive into the rear carpark as there won’t be room
- Wear a short sleeved top, and remove your coat / top layers when you enter the surgery in preparation
- Wear a face covering
- Don’t stop in the corridor to chat to old friends or staff – once you have been vaccinated follow the one way arrows to exit at the front of the building.
- Don’t ask the GP, nurse or staff about any other health issue or prescription / result, as they will be unable to deal with it
- Wheelchair users please alert the marshal